This terminal provides the flexibility to move beyond cash-only transactions and accepts credit and debit cards virtually anytime, anywhere. Its wireless modem accesses the GPRS network.
Retailers who bring products and services directly to their customers often limit payment options to cash only. Without phone lines and electrical outlets, they don't have the same access to credit and debit card transaction processing. And if they do take card information, they face a higher risk of fraud and chargebacks.
How it Works
The NURIT 8000 terminal accepts credit cards (including Visa®
, and JCB®
) as well as Personal Identification Number (PIN) and signature debit cards. This terminal processes transactions through a GPRS wireless connection, with dial backup. The sleek, ergonomic design, high-quality backlit keyboard and large LCD display make the terminal easy to use and read, day or night. Your customers can use the secure, built-in PIN pad for PIN debit transactions. The built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts approximately 12 hours for a full shift of service.
The NURIT 8000 terminal, with wireless capability, lets you authorize electronic purchases virtually anywhere. Now, you can accept the same payments at the same rates as cable-connected terminals. When you're working in a low- or no-coverage area, the store-and-forward capability captures transactions to be uploaded later. The NURIT 8000 terminal averages transaction speeds of two to five seconds and is Payment Card Industry (PCI) PIN Entry Device (PED) approved to meet the latest requirements for security and fraud protection.
Help Your Business
- PCI PED approved
- Operates on the GPRS cellular wireless network
- Built-in, rechargeable, replaceable lithium ion batteries
- Sleek, ergonomic design, high-quality backlit keyboard and large LCD display for easy use and reading, day or night
- Programmable quick keys
- Dual-track bidirectional magnetic card reader
- Store-and-forward capability for offline capture and upload of transactions in no-coverage areas
- Quiet, graphic thermal printer with easily loaded paper mechanism
- High speed 12.5 lines-per-second thermal printer
Help Your Customers
- Conduct business where phone lines and electrical power don't exist
- Reduce credit card fraud and chargebacks
- Get authorization in seconds for fast, convenient transactions
- Enjoy card-present rates without a phone line connection
The Global Leader in Electronic Commerce
- Pay for purchases with greater confidence in accuracy and security
- Know immediately whether a transaction was authorized
- Supply customers with a printed receipt
First Data powers the global economy by making it easy, fast and secure for people and businesses around the world to buy goods and services using virtually any form of payment. Serving millions of merchant locations and thousands of card issuers, we have the expertise and insight to help you accelerate your business. Put our intelligence to work for you.