The Payment Software system communicates directly with the First Data platforms to authorize payment transactions, then stores them for end-of-day settlement. This process is as simple as swiping a card, or key-entering a card, then entering the transaction amount.
Transactions can also be sent to the Payment Software system via an import function from any point-of-sale (POS) or order entry system. The Payment Software solution can also be interfaced to a POS or order entry system, share a PC platform, and provide communications with the outside world for authorizations and batch settlement.
- Consolidated Payment Application—Eliminates the need for additional programming and multiple reconciliation
- Single Settlement and Complete Transaction Reporting—fast and accurate end-of-day closing
- Transaction Data Storage—Stores transaction data for up to nine years (depending on available hard drive space) and gives you an alternative to traditional paper receipt storage
- Account Number Truncation—Allows you to comply with state and local laws
- PC Database Record Retention—Provides you with business/demographic information necessary for forecasting and marketing
- Multi-User Support—Ideal for PC/LAN environments where multiple work stations share a single server
- Quick Setup Guide and User Documentation—Allows easy setup and configuration
- Payment Application Best Practices certified (PABP). PABP is part of your overall PCI-compliance requirements
- Purchasing and Commercial Card processing for business-to-business transactions
- Address Verification Service (AVS) for added security on mail order transactions or when magnetic stripe cannot be read
- Payment Software for Windows software can be easily integrated into your existing front-end application and runs on virtually any PC or PC-based point-of-sale (POS) register platform
- Customizable user interface allows you use the configuration that works best for your business
- Demo-mode for hands on training without impacting live transactions
—to use First Data Payment Software, you will need the following:
- A Pentium/Athlon computer running 32-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (service pack 4 or later), Windows XP Home/Professional (service pack 2), Windows 2003 Server (service pack 1) or either 32- or 64-bit versions of Windows Vista®.
- 500 Megabytes of free hard drive space
- Broadband Internet access recommended for Internet processor access; dial-up Internet accounts are not recommended.
- 256 Megabytes of RAM (512 MB recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
- Optional peripherals include:
- Magnetic stripe or contactless card reader for card-present transaction processing
- MICR reader for check processing
- PIN-pad for debit/ATM card acceptance